A quick summary of specs on these amazing 18" drivers :
- 6" copper 2 layer voice coil in an underhung configuration.
- Largest neodymium magnet used in any loudspeaker
- 97% of magnetic field lines in the gap
- Entrainment techniques used to eject hot air from the motor
- 5 sqft. of heatsink surrounding the motor
- 18mm of one way throw and still at 100% linearity on the BL curve.
- 39mm of one way peak throw
- 1% odd order distortion with 1KW input power
They are massive and incredibly built. I had to change to a smaller sub and have an Acoupower 18" Sub and a Crown XTi amp for sale. Contact me at my yahoo address if interested. Chris email@example.comReplyDelete
I think I'll need a bigger room when I get started... I have 4 of the 18" units waiting for a configuration, sitting in my workshop. BYW, does anyone know what Carlos is up to these days ?ReplyDelete
Nice! (I wish I had 4 or more!) Please link to your project when you get started. As far as I know, Carlos is still running from the law. The rights to his technology were sold off to a Korean audio company.Delete
Oh Dear - I thought he was in some sort of trouble. Such a shame for such a clever guy.Delete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete